Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012

[Buch] Julie Kagawa: The Iron Queen / Herbstnacht



The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start by saying that The Iron Queen was my favourite in the Iron Fey series. It starts off where The Iron Daughter ended: Meghan and Ash have been banished from the Nevernever and are on their way "home" to Meghan's family. Meghan is anxious of the future and concerned for Ash who will never be allowed to return home. At the same time she is glad to see him unguarded and free to show real emotions for the first time. When Meghan confesses her worries to him he makes a moving declaration that he'll be there with her no matter what the future will hold for them. Unsurprisingly they don't get to live out their Happily-Ever-After just yet, for as they reach Meghan's home, she finds herself in an ambush of Iron Fey sent by the new Iron King to capture her. She fends her attackers off with Ash's help but realizes that their fight against her enemy is far from over and that she has to learn to wield a weapon and control the two powers - Iron and Summer - she's inherited.

In the third book of her series Kagawa develops the story line around Meghan, Ash and Puck further while coming up with a couple of unexpected twists and turns. It's great how Meghan, once again, doesn't shy away from her fate but takes responsibility not only for herself but also her companions. To watch her relationship with Ash unfold and mature is a treat and the fight training sessions are just priceless! I hope that I'm not giving away too much by saying that in the end I took great comfort in knowing that there's a forth book to tie up the loose ends....


Favourite Quotes:
I wished that, for once, faery tales – real faery tales, not Disney fairy tales – would have a happy ending.
--
Ash rose, hesitated, as if fighting the compulsion to obey. "I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase," he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. "And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise." And then he was gone.
--
For the record,” Grimalkin stated as we ventured, single file, into the black, “I do not think this is a good idea. But, as no one listens to the cat anymore, I will have to wait until we are completely lost to say ‘I told you so'.

Nie mehr ein Fragment verpassen! Jetzt Email-Adresse eintragen und täglich Post von mir bekommen:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen